Search for potential locations
For the purpose of preparation, implementation and realization of urban plans and spatial program evaluations, Urban Planning Institute of Belgrade is engaged with following: studies, research, analysis, spatial program evaluation and preparation of supporting documentation. These actions ensure detailed elaboration of specific subject areas or locations.
Studies, research, spatial program evaluations, analysis and expert surveys are often made for the purpose of testing sites where new construction is possible. Spatial program evaluation of capacity, land use, traffic etc. are also undertook within the activities of Urban Planning Institute of Belgrade.
Such large projects are done as a legal obligation, but also with the aim to develop unique and comprehensive observation priorities. The goal is to methodologically investigate, analyze and plan the space with a specific purpose, issue and characteristics.
Studies and strategies for the republic and city government
Besides its core obligations – development of spatial and urban plans according to the Law on Planning and Construction, Urban Planning Institute of Belgrade is engaged with a number of other tasks related to urban planning - developing studies, research, analysis of the spatial elements of different programs, conduction of professional surveys etc.
Our work can be presented as following:
- Study of Belgrade public spaces - phase I - analysis of public spaces in the Old Town of Belgrade
- Social Housing Study RS
- Study on Religious Buildings - phase II
- Loess bluffs study – Zemunsko – Bezanijska loess bluff – phase I and II
- The Program of activities for development of urban plans of the primary road network in the Master Plan of Belgrade 2021, activities and program update
- Organization and financing of the City of Belgrade
- Belgrade waterfront Study – phase I
- Green Regulation in Belgrade
- Belgrade City development strategy
- Study on high-rise buildings of Belgrade
- Belgrade waterfront study – phase II – "Natural core of Belgrade"
- Classifying Belgrade as tourist destination
- Informational basis for the corridor for the second line of the Belgrade subway
- Plan of the vessel locations in the territory of the city of Belgrade – phase I
Spatial program evaluations
For the purposes of spatial-program evaluations for specific urban areas of the City, the Urban Planning Institute periodically organizes public professional surveys and professional competitions. Spatial-program evaluations are done in cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade Association of Planners, Belgrade Association of Architects, Architects´ Club, the Academy of Architecture of Serbia and other specialized institutions. This method was applied on the Ada Huja area, as well as on Blocks 25 and 26 and Vojvodjanska Street in New Belgrade.
Professional surveys galvanize various ideas about the City space, providing different solutions, discovering new space potentials and offering a variety of urban scenarios and solutions for particular locations in the City. These professional evaluations are the first step in thematic studies preparation and the basis for further planning procedures.